Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Not sure what I'm growing!

When I planted my garden, I picked up four plants in the cucurbit family: a zucchini, a summer squash, a cucumber, and what I thought was a cantaloupe.   Now I’m not so sure – there are strange melon-like fruits growing from one of the remaining plants (both the zucchini and summer squash met an untimely end), but these fruits do not look like cantaloupe to me…they look more like watermelon.  Of course, having never grown either type of melon, I couldn’t tell you for sure what they look like as ‘toddlers’.  I’m tempted to take one inside and cut it open – that would solve things quickly enough; however my dear sweet husband insists that I just be patient and wait until the melons are full-grown.  Grrrr….

I’ll have to post some photos of the mystery melons, if it ever stops raining…

 

 

No comments: