Sunday, May 11, 2008

Early!

My heirloom tomato and pepper seedling sampler was due to be shipped the week of May 19th. So you can imagine my surprise when my husband called on May 7th to ask about "this box on the porch that says 'Live Plants'." Eek. I checked with some more-seasoned gardeners and determined that is was OK to put them in the ground, and so I did... along with some cilantro, anise, and wormwood.
Problem. If you look to the left, you'll notice this long list of things I have yet to plant. Well...I'm out of room! Despite the garden plot expansion, my desire to not overcrowd my tomatoes again this year has rendered me no space left for squash. Crap. Guess I'll be out there digging up sod again this week...
Oh, well. I won't be complaining when I'm eating all these fresh-from-the-ground goodies...

No comments: