Thursday, May 3, 2007

Oh sh!t...& my new friend

Last week before we left for our Colorado vacation, I stopped by Menards on my way home from work.  I figured a week away from home was a great time to let some fresh garden soil and compost settle into the garden – better than nothing, right?  So I picked up a few bags of organic garden soil and some Nebraska-produced manure compost and headed home with a new hoe and a new cultivator.  My dear sweet husband, while impressed than I spent a couple of hours in the sun turning over the soil, was not so keen on the idea of paying for poop…

While digging, I came to the realization that flip-flops are not the best footwear for gardening.  Not because I stubbed my toe on the shovel, but because I had a close run-in with my new “friend”, a large brown spider.  Eek!  I just have to remember that he’s there to help – a large well-fed spider is better than a garden plot full of bugs…

 

 

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Ummm, I'm glad you're doing the work in this case!