Sunday, June 24, 2007

New additions

My dear in-laws are in the midst of a big basement clean-out, and offered me an old wheelbarrow they found down there. Yea! I love hand-me-downs! I've wanted to buy one, but haven't wanted to spend the money - even the crappiest ones are too much moolah for me. Second-hand is definitely the way to go, and you can't beat free!
My second present of the afternoon from my new family was a bag full of freshly dug up mint and some wild strawberry plants. Both had spread beyond control in their back yard, so they had plenty to spare. I know that mint is invasive, so I potted it, then buried the pot halfway in the ground - the first addition to my herb garden.
Our neighbors are putting the final touches on a new wood patio - it's gorgeous, as is the rest of their professionally landscaped yard... I'm so jealous. However, they aren't growing anything edible, so I hope they will be the envious ones come harvest time... :)

No comments: