Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Progress

Well, it appears the tiny lettuce that had sprouted from my seeds has given up.  However, my pretty little patio tomato plant (still in its ugly plastic pot) has two lovely green tomatoes hanging from it.  Also, the first pepper plant to bear fruit, with a roughly 3 inch long pepper dangling from it, is the purple bell.  The onions look sturdy, although I have no idea what’s going on under the ground, the cucumber plant is about 10 times as big as when it was transplanted, and several of the garden tomato plants are flowering.  Now that I can recognize carrot tops, it also appears that I have carrots coming in. J  What a happy little garden!  Although the lack of lettuce is a disappointment, I guess I knew that it was too late in the season (ie too hot) to start lettuce, and I will try again as fall approaches and the temps drop…

No comments: