Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Picking peppers

I plucked the lone purple bell pepper from its stem last night.  It’s not the biggest pepper yet, but I figured either I get it now, or the rabbit beats me to it.  J  Plus, I’m guessing it will be the first of many peppers this summer…  I also have cucumbers now!  I’m rather excited about this, as I introduced my husband to the joy that is the lightly-salted cucumber slice last night.  I swear I’ve never seen him eat a veggie that wasn’t covered in a sauce or dip, so this was quite the sight.  Don’t tease him about it though – he doesn’t seem to like that. J 

I think the little pepper will be part of a stir-fry tonight…there are no small parts, only small peppers, right?

 

 

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Did the pepper make an appearance in dinner? Did it taste purple? :):)

Ananda Devika said...

No, actually it turned green when I cooked it. :) But it still tasted a little purple...